Student Laundry Tips
Laundry is a life skill! It is important that you understand how to use the machines correctly so that your clothes will come out clean!
Basic Laundry Tips
- Be sure to EMPTY POCKETS of all items- we are having a big issue with BOBBY PINS in particular getting stuck in the pumps and breaking the washers.
- Make sure you use only a small amount of soap. Follow manufacturer's instuctions and if using a front load washer, make sure that you ONLY USE H-E (high-efficiency) type detergent. Look for the H-E logo on the bottle. All brands make this type.
- PRETREAT any STAINS! If a stain does not come out in the wash, don't dry it! Drying can set stains so instead try pre-treating and washing again.
- READ and follow CLOTHING LABELS! Each item of clothing has instructions listed that will tell you how to wash/dry properly.
- SORT into at least lights and darks unless you want all of your clothes to be the same color!
- Make sure you clean out the DRYER LINT FILTER every time.
- 1 wash load = 1 dry load! Do not try and dry more than 1 wash load as it will not dry!
- Please report any service issues so we can fix them promptly!
For more info, download our Tip Sheets on how to do your laundry:
Check out our facebook page for other great laundry info and tips!